COGNUS VIRTUAL - New to Year 2 Assessments (not moderation)
Date & Time:
A full day course focussed on:
- subject knowledge and pitch for year 2;
- analysis of past KS1 reading and mathematics tests;
- tips and strategies for teaching writing/ overview of the grammar test;
- Signposts to activities and resources.
This training session is suitable for
- Teachers new to year 2
- Teachers who did not attend the 2019 or 2020 year 2 assessment course.
(This course will be updated but as there is no new test this year, it will have implications from previous years.)
The aim of this session is to ensure that year 2 teachers are prepared for the end of KS1 tests and writing assessments. There will be a separate course on moderation.
After attending this session, you will:
- Clearer about what your pupils need to know and understand.
- Have evidence-informed strategies that support pupils to make rapid progress in English and mathematics.