Moving and Handling People - Risk Assessor Refresher (LBS Staff Only) 2021-2022
Date & Time:
Experienced Moving and Handling Risk Assessors, involved in carrying out risk assessments for Sutton residents who need assistance to move, working within the London Borough of Sutton (START Team)
Delegates must have previously completed the 4.5 Day London Borough of Sutton Risk Assessors Course.
To refresh/update delegates knowledge on:
- The purpose and process of manual handling risk assessment and risk reduction when handling and moving people in their care.
- Protection of protect service users and care givers from manual handling related injuries
- Implementation of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1993 (2002) and other associated legislation and codes of practice.
- Appropriate documentation of the risk assessment process
Delegates must have completed the 4.5 day Risk Assessors Course.
- All delegates must bring their own PPE, gloves, masks, aprons and gel and bring their own refreshments
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- State the responsibility of employer and employee regarding current manual handling legislation and be aware of current acceptable practice as per HOP6
- Understand their role as a risk assessor within Sutton and state where to find help and support
- Implement the Boroughs manual handling policy and keep staff and service users date by offering appropriate support for personalize support plans
- Demonstrate the application of the principles of manual handling risk assessment, complete documentation and demonstrate good handling practice for their services users and deliver examples of good quality assessments
- State the causes of injury and apply the basic principles of handling and the use of handling equipment to minimize risk by demonstrating a good range of relevant practical techniques.
- Choose appropriate control measures to reduce risk and know when to seek help when given a relevant scenario
- State when manual handling is not indicated and an alternative system of work to be employed.