Moving and Handling Bespoke Course for Social Workers and Trainee Social Workers (LBS Staff ONLY)
Date & Time:
- This is a course open ONLY to those employed by the London Borough of Sutton
- It is for Social Workers and Trainee Social Workers working in Sutton
- This course is suitable for those who are actively involved supporting families and service users in Sutton
- All delegates must arrive on time, be able to complete the session and come dressed appropriately for a practical moving and handling course. This includes wearing stable footwear and clothes which will allow them to participate both as a handler and as a model in the session.
The delegates will be updated in current moving and handling practice relevant to their work so they can continue to follow safe and effective practice and comply with current relevant legislation, national and local guidance in keeping with their role. This will involve signposting for other services and an introduction to equipment available to maximise mobility and minimise risk
- State how the current manual handling legislation and safeguarding guidance affects decision making around moving and handling
- Introduce a range of equipment available from the CES based on scenarios given by the trainer. Delegates must state the criteria for use and potential dangers and state how the equipment can promote independence and well-being.
- State where to go for more help and information within the borough and external to the borough when needing further expertise
- State which techniques are not acceptable by current guidelines of HOP6 and explain their reasoning and how this could result in a safeguarding alert.
- View any new innovations and developments in the management of manual handling risk relevant to their role.
NO PARKING is allowed within the Sutton Inclusion Centre grounds. Please allow for additional time to park within roads nearby.