Caring for Asylum seeking refugees and unaccompanied children 22/23
Date & Time:
This training is targeted at professionals in direct contact with children who undertake or contribute to risk assessments and multi-agency meetings including social workers, family support workers, foster carers, health professionals, schools, police and others who work with children at risk of abuse, neglect and exploitation.
Group Level 2 (regular contact with children, young people and/or parent/carer) or Level 3 (predominantly working with children) or above (including strategic leads), and NHS Inter-Collegiate Standards 2 and above for health professionals.
The aims of this session is to explore:
• How to best meet the needs of unaccompanied asylum seeking and refugee children more effectively
• Clarity around your own values and beliefs about this client group
By the end of this course you will have:
• An in depth understanding of the experience of being an unaccompanied asylum seeking or refugee child
• Awareness of the UK asylum seeking process and legal framework
• An understanding of the needs of asylum seeking and refugee children