All About Me Approach - Child centred communication, reviews and conferences 22/23
Date & Time:
All children’s social workers, managers, IROs, CP Chairs and foster carers (others involved in Children Looked after Reviews and CP Conferences may attend by invitation)
This training is part of a programme of work to establish the All About Me approach to practice in Sutton Children’s Services.
This training was designed to support the All About Me approach to Child Looked After and CLA reviews in Sutton. It is now linked to the All About Me and My Family Project for Child Protection Conferences.
The overall aim is to promote understanding about the importance of this approach and develop practitioners’ knowledge, skills and confidence to communicate more effectively with children and families about concerns, assessment and planning.
The session is delivered through a mix of knowledge based content and practical exercises.
At the end of the course participants will have:
• Learnt about the prevalence and impact of language difficulties.
• Reflected on the differences between neutral descriptions of behaviour and interpretations of behaviour when working with children and families.
• Learnt to re-frame observable behaviour.
• Critiqued reports written to and about children and families and had a go writing them.
• Improved skills of writing directly to children and families.
• An increased understanding about how to communicate about experiences of abuse and neglect.
• Understanding the importance of direct work and children’s participation in key planning forums.
• An understanding about how the approach works in practice.