Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
Date & Time:
This training is targeted at professionals in direct contact with children who undertake or contribute to risk assessments and multi-agency meetings including social workers, family support workers, foster carers, health professionals, schools, police and others who work with children at risk of abuse, neglect and exploitation.
Group Level 2 (regular contact with children, young people and/or parent/carer) or Level 3 (predominantly working with children) or above (including strategic leads), and NHS Inter-Collegiate Standards 2 and above for health professionals.
- To understand the health and medical impacts of Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Understand the medical interventions after birth
- To identify the common signs of FASD and NAS
- Understand the effects of prenatal exposure to other drugs
- To consider the impact of FASD and NAS on health and social development for the child