Life Story Work Training
Date & Time:
This course targets Family Support Workers, Social Workers, ATMs, TMs in children's social care within the London Borough of Sutton.
Please note that Foster Carers should attend the Lifestory work training.
The aim of this course is to equip participants with evidence-based knowledge and skills to effectively
undertake life story work from start to finish. The course will improve the quality of direct work with
children and young people, including how to share difficult information. The course will also focus on
how to construct life story work that takes into consideration the child's age and development,
including metaphorical stories.
• Increased confidence in undertaking direct work with children and young people
• Greater understanding of theoretical frameworks for undertaking life story work and its
• Tools and activities for life story work with children and young people
• Increased knowledge of how to plan life story work from start to finish
• Increased confidence in sharing difficult stories and information with children and young
• Improved creativity and enjoyment in direct work