COGNUS VIRTUAL - Understanding Autism & Strategies to Support
Date & Time:
This course is ideal for new staff or NQTs who are looking for ways to better understand and support their autistic students, or those with social communication differences.
The course will cover:
- What autism is
- How this impacts on learning and the individual’s perception of the world
- Sensory differences
- Supporting understanding of emotions
- Strategies to support learning and processing
This training session is suitable for staff within schools, nurseries, colleges or social care settings, including NQTs or those who would like to develop their understanding around supporting autistic students.
The aim of this session is to better understand autistic students within your setting and develop a bank of resources to support them.
After attending this session, you will:
- Understand what autism is
- Understand sensory differences
- Understand how these can impact on learning
- Have a range of strategies to use to better support these students/young people
- Have an understanding of tools to implement to support understanding and communication of emotions