Cardio-Respiratory Exam Masterclass
Date & Time:
All qualified nurses working in nursing homes.
The aim of this course is to equip participant’s with clinicians' skills to undertake assessment of the respiratory system. The approach that is taken is to develop the understanding of anatomy of the respiratory system through the completion of a workbook.
By the end of the training participants will have:
- Developed practical skills in assessment of the respiratory system.
- Developed skills in palpation, percussion and auscultation of the chest.
- Be able to identify the different chest sounds and recognise when to treat or refer.
- Developed skills in inhaler technique and use of PEFR.
- An improved understanding about the different respiratory conditions found in patients over 65.