Dyslexia and Dyspraxia awareness 22/23
Date & Time:
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Also relevant for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community voluntary sectors.
The aims of this session is:
• Know what the process is for a medical diagnosis and support for children
• Have support strategies to assist children who are affected
By the end of this course participants will have:
• Improved knowledge and understanding about the conditions within the Dyslexia spectrum known as Special Learning Disorders (SLD)
• Be able to identify common signs and symptoms of each condition Know what the process is for a medical diagnosis and support for children
• Improved knowledge about the potential impact of Dyslexia or Dyspraxia on child development
• Developed support strategies to assist children who are affected