Date & Time:
Target Group / Level
London Borough of Sutton staff working within Adult Social Care and commissioned providers within Nursing, Residential and Day Care Services, including Home Carers. Places will be offered to those in the PVI Sector that meet the required criteria when places are not taken up by LBS staff.
To develop a general awareness of medicines and be able to follow legal requirements and guidelines.
By the end of the training participants will have:
- An Understanding of the legal requirements and guidelines relating to the administration of medication in social care settings
- Knowledge of the current procedures and practice for the ordering, supply, receipt, storage and disposal of medications
- The ability to list the key points of drug administration and systems available
- Participated to a discussion on the importance of reporting medication errors, incidents and undesirable effects
- Gained knowledge of the main points of the care settings agreed administration of medication procedure
- Gained Knowledge of the policy on self-administration, covert medication and homely remedies
- An understanding of professional accountability and confidentiality for medication and the legal issues and the role of the unqualified member of the staff
- Improved their skills on how to give different types of medicines such as eye drops, cream etc.
- Gained the knowledge of the 5 rights of Medication administration
- Increased knowledge of the principles of good practice and record keeping