Date & Time:
Venue:Sutton Civic Offices, G3, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
Target Group / Level
London Borough of Sutton staff working within Adult Social Care and commissioned providers within Nursing, Residential and Day Care Services, including Home Carers. Places will be offered to those in the PVI Sector that meet the required criteria when places are not taken up by LBS staff.
To develop a general awareness of medicines and be able to follow legal requirements and guidelines.
By the end of the training participants will be able to:
• List the legal requirements and guidelines relating to the administration of medication in social care settings
• Have knowledge of the current procedures and practice for the ordering, supply, receipt, storage and disposal of medications
• List the key points of drug administration and systems available
• Discuss the importance of reporting medication errors, incidents and undesira0ble effects
• Describe the main points of the care settings agreed administration of medication procedure
• Describe the policy on self-administration, covert medication and homely remedies
• Understand professional accountability and confidentiality for medication and the legal issues and the role of the unqualified member of the staff
• Understand how to give different types of medicines such as eye drops, cream etc.
• Describe the 5 rights of Medication administration
• Describe the principles of good practice and record keeping
Booking has now closed for this event.
Venue Details:Sutton Civic Offices, G3, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
(020 8770 5000)