Supporting children with autism and ADHD - Virtual
Date & Time:
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Also relevant for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community voluntary sectors.
- Have a basic understanding of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Oppositional Defiance Disorder
- Understand the term ‘Autistic Spectrum Disorder (Condition)’
- Have the insight and skills necessary to deal with these behavioural difficulties and modify them at the earliest possible age
- Be able to employ management techniques to improve the behavioural difficulties of children and young people with Conduct Disorders
- Understand the challenges associated with the ASD and the triad of impairments
- Effectively understand the ASD perspective
- Be able to identify the triggers and behaviours
- Know how to “Think and speak autistic” (Lawson)