Managing placement breakdowns - Virtual
Date & Time:
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
- Understand the common causes of placement breakdown
- Recognise the underlying triggers within both parties that can lead to a placement breaking down
- Identify the events and behaviours that can make placement breakdown more likely
- Identify actions that can be taken to minimise the chances of a placement breaking down
- Identify support needs and networks in the event of a placement breakdown