Infection Control and Prevention Refresher
Date & Time:
Venue:Sutton Civic Offices, G2, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
The aim of the course is to update staff on infection prevention and control principles, standards and procedures with the aim to improve knowledge, skills and confidence on how to manage and reduce the risk of cross infection to the vulnerable population
The aim of the course is to update staff on infection prevention and control principles, standards and procedures with the aim to improve knowledge, skills and confidence on how to manage and reduce the risk of cross infection to the vulnerable population.
By the end of the course participants will have:
· Greater understanding of the chain of infection
· Increased knowledge on impact and risks associated with healthcare associated infections
· Improved familiarity with the principles of infection prevention and control
· Greater knowledge of standard/universal precautions and how to implement them
· Greater skills to risk assess when and how to use Personal Protective equipment (PPE)
· Better understanding of principles of the management of healthcare waste
· Principles of safe management, handling and disposal of used sharps
· Greater knowledge and skills on management of sharps injury and body fluid exposures and be able to describe actions required in the event of an exposure
· Improve understanding of the principles of and method for decontamination of equipment and the environment
· Refreshed effective hand hygiene, the World Health Organisations “Five Moments of Hand Hygiene” and be able to demonstrate a good hand decontamination technique.
· Increased knowledge of Employers and Employees roles and responsibilities which are relevant to the control and prevention of infection. Including Health and Safety Executive legislation for water safety and Public Health England’s “Green Book” Vaccination of Health and Social care staff.
· Greater knowledge of personal health issues including vaccinations
· Greater knowledge of hot topics and emerging and re-emerging infections
Had an opportunity to discuss issues or concerns regarding infection prevention and control in individual areas or places of work.
Trainer:Debbie Calver, Infection Prevention and Control Nurse Specialist , Sutton CCG & LBS
Venue Details:Sutton Civic Offices, G2, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
(020 8770 5000)