Moving and Handling People - Risk Assessor Refresher (LBS Staff Only) Reviewed 2020
Date & Time:
Experienced Moving and Handling Risk Assessors, involved in carrying out risk assessments for Sutton residents who need assistance to move, working within:
-The London Borough of Sutton;
Delegates must have previously completed the 4.5 Day London Borough of Sutton Risk Assessors Course.
To refresh/update delegates knowledge on:
- The purpose and process of manual handling risk assessment and risk reduction when handling and moving people in their care.
- Protection of protect service users and care givers from manual handling related injuries
- Implementation of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1993 (2002) and other associated legislation and codes of practice.
- Appropriate documentation of the risk assessment process
Delegates must have completed the 4.5 day Risk Assessors Course.
- All delegates must bring their own PPE, gloves, masks, aprons and gel and bring their own refreshments
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- State the responsibility of employer and employee regarding current manual handling legislation and be aware of current acceptable practice as per HOP6
- Understand their role as a risk assessor within Sutton and state where to find help and support
- Implement the Boroughs manual handling policy and keep staff and service users date by offering appropriate support for personalize support plans
- Demonstrate the application of the principles of manual handling risk assessment, complete documentation and demonstrate good handling practice for their services users and deliver examples of good quality assessments
- State the causes of injury and apply the basic principles of handling and the use of handling equipment to minimize risk by demonstrating a good range of relevant practical techniques.
- Choose appropriate control measures to reduce risk and know when to seek help when given a relevant scenario
- State when manual handling is not indicated and an alternative system of work to be employed.