PREVENT (WRAP) Awareness Training: Safeguarding Against Radicalisation and Extremism - Virtual
Date & Time:
Target Group / Level
Children and Adult Social Care staff within the London Borough of Sutton and the Private, Independent and voluntary (PVI) sector supporting Sutton residents
Group Level 2 (regular contact with children, young people and/or parent/carer) or Level 3 (predominately working with children) or above (including strategic leads) as set out in the Safeguarding Competency framework in London Safeguarding Child Procedures. NHS Inter-Collegiate Standards 2 and above for health professionals.
Level 2 staff and above (ref: NHS Intercollegiate document 2018 - Adult Safeguarding: Roles and Competencies For Healthcare Staff): All practitioners who have regular contact with patients, their families or carers, or the public.
This course covers the Statutory Prevent Duty – 1 July 2015, Section 26 of the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015 places a duty on certain bodies to have “due regard to the need to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism”. The Prevent Duty applies to all forms of Extremism. It is designed to embed compliance to the Statutory Prevent duty in everyday business, provide staff training to implement the duty effectively.
Preventing Extremism and Radicalisation Training Schedule for the day:
• Statutory Prevent Duty Awareness
• Recognising Extremism, Radicalisation Processes, Terrorism, How to Safeguard individuals who may be vulnerable to being groomed into extremism and potentially terrorism
• Channel Referrals – Multi-Agency Support
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Understand the requirements and responsibilities of the Statutory Prevent Duty
• Understand the factors that can make people vulnerable to being drawn into terrorism and to challenge extremist ideas which are used by terrorist groups and can purport to legitimise terrorism
• Understand how and where early intervention opportunities can be maximised