Child Sexual Exploitation/Missing Children Awareness - Reviewed 2020
Date & Time:
Target Group / Level
This training is targeted to those who require awareness training about the levels of risks and how to respond if they suspect that child is being exploited and go missing.
Group Level 1 (awareness) and 2 (regular contact with children) as set out in the Safeguarding Competency framework in London Safeguarding Child Procedures. NHS Inter-Collegiate Standards 1, 2 and above for health professionals.
Please note: Practitioners in direct contact with children who contribute to assessments and multi-agency meetings should attend the full day training.
Course Overview/ Aim
The aims of this course are to raise awareness of the CSE and Missing Children multi-agency protocol and practice toolkit and the focus is on:
- To raise awareness of CSE risk factors to identify, report and refer CSE concerns.
- To raise awareness of the risks associated with children and young people going missing
By attending this course, participants will:
- Know the signs that may indicate a child is being sexually exploited and/or at risk of going missing and understand why some children are more vulnerable than others
- Be aware of the levels of risk and how to respond
- Be aware of the methods to groom a child for sexual exploitation
Know what action to take if they suspect that a child is being sexually exploited and/or at risk of going missing.