Hate Crime Awareness
Date & Time:
The Adult's and Children's workforce and staff and volunteers in the Private, Independent and Voluntary (PVI) sector in contact with, or supporting, London Borough of Sutton residents.
This training session aims at giving participants the ability to recognise Hate Crime and the confidence to report Incidents through the correct channels.
By the end of this course participants will have gained:
- Increased knowledge of what is a Hate Crime/Incident
- Increased understanding of online Hate Crime
- A greater understanding of what to do if you are a victim of Hate Crime
- Knowledge and confidence on how to report a hate Crime/Incident
- Understanding on why Hate Crimes impact victims and communities
- Skills and confidence on how to be an upstander against Hate
- Understanding of the difference between Free Speech and Hate Speech
- Knowledge about Current position locally/nationally including impact of Brexit
- Better understanding of links with PREVENT and Safeguarding
- Increased knowledge about Services available in Sutton
- Knowledge and confidence on how to make use of Stop Hate UK