Best Practice for Strategy Meetings and Case Conferences
Date & Time:
Venue:Sutton Civic Offices, G2, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
Staff Groups B, C and D as per the Safeguarding Adults: Professional Competencies in working with people and delivering safeguarding services. Senior or experienced adult social care staff who are required to chair and/or attend such meetings. All participants would be expected to have a firm understanding of Safeguarding issues prior to attending this training.
This session aims to enable managers and senior staff to chair and/or contribute to strategy meetings and case conferences effectively and in line with the Care Act 2014, ensuring a safe outcome for the vulnerable adult consistent wherever possible with their chosen outcome(s) and the principles of making safeguarding personal.
• Understand the purpose of strategy meetings and case conferences.
• Be able to chair the meetings effectively, enabling the sharing of information and analysis of risk and protective factors.
• Know how to enable the service user or their advocate/family member to take part in the meeting and express their views by attendance at the meeting or other methods.
• Understand how to resolve areas of disagreement.
• Know how to develop a SMART safeguarding plan.
• Understand how to make a plan personal in line with the principles of making safeguarding person
• Know how to record the meeting
• Have taken part in a strategy meeting scenario and reflected on this.
Booking has now closed for this event.
Trainer:St Thomas Training
Venue Details:Sutton Civic Offices, G2, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
(020 8770 5000)