Symptom Control and Syringe Pump Management Training for Registered Nurses within Care Homes and Community Nurses
Date & Time:
Registered nurses working in Care Homes within the London Borough of Sutton and Community Nurses.
To Provide Registered nurses with the opportunity to learn theoretical and practical skills required to safely and effectively use syringe drivers and to enhance their knowledge around End of Life Care.
By the end of the course the delegates will have:
- Gained the skill and confidence to use of a syringe pump
- Gained the ability to identify Common Palliative Care Symptoms
- Greater knowledge of conversions of oral to subcutaneous medication route
- Greater knowledge of background and breakthrough end of life care medication
- Improved skills and confidence on calculating volumes and compatibilities of end of life care medication
- Gained the knowledge to identify drugs most commonly used with Syringe pumps
- Greater knowledge of required record keeping and documentation involved in syringe pump use
- Gained the skill of setting up and maintaining of syringe pumps