Neglect and an Introduction to Assessment Tools
Date & Time:
Venue:Sutton Civic Offices, G3, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
Target Group / Level
Group Level 2 (regular contact with children, young people and/or parent/carer) or Level 3 (predominately working with children) or above (including strategic leads) as set out in the Competence Still Matters training framework published by the London Safeguarding Children Board. Inter-Collegiate Standards 2 for health professionals.
The course will support participants to recognise, assess and manage neglect cases through child focused interventions.
By the end of the course participants will:
• Be familiar with key up-to-date research in relation to childhood neglect, including messages from local and national Serious Case Reviews, and have considered the implication for practice.
• Appreciate the complexity of the multi-faceted definition of neglect and the concept of cumulative harm.
• Be able to distinguish between indicators of neglect, across different stages of child development, and risk or protective factors
• Have considered barriers to recognition of neglect and know how to effectively challenge parents or carers to achieve better outcomes for the child or young person.
• Be able to use a range of evidence based assessment tools to assess neglect and know how to analyse the impact of neglect on individual children/young people.
• Identify measurable child focused interventions to support children, young people and their families.
• Understand the requirements to capture the voice of the child in all stages of the referral, assessment and planning stage, and preparing reports for multi-agency child protection conferences and other meetings.
|Education - Cognus||No Limit|
|Education - Early Years||No Limit|
|Education - Other||No Limit|
|Education - Schools/Colleges||No Limit|
|Foster Carer||No Limit|
|LBS People Adults - Admiral Nurses||0|
|LBS People Adults - Carshalton Locality||0|
|LBS People Adults - Clinical Health||0|
|LBS People Adults - Hospital Pathway||0|
|LBS People Adults - Learning Disabilities||0|
|LBS People Adults - Other||0|
|LBS People Adults - START||0|
|LBS People Adults - Sutton and Cheam Locality||0|
|LBS People Adults - Transitions||0|
|LBS People Adults - Wallington Locality||0|
|LBS People Children's - Adoption and Permanence||No Limit|
|LBS People Children's - Blue Locality||No Limit|
|LBS People Children's - Children with Disabilities||No Limit|
|LBS People Children's - Court||No Limit|
|LBS People Children's - Early Help||No Limit|
|LBS People Children's - Fostering||No Limit|
|LBS People Children's - Green Locality||No Limit|
|LBS People Children's - Leaving Care Team||No Limit|
|LBS People Children's - Looked After Children||No Limit|
|LBS People Children's - MASH||No Limit|
|LBS People Children's - Other||No Limit|
|LBS People Children's - Placements||No Limit|
|LBS People Children's - QA||No Limit|
|LBS People Children's - RAS||No Limit|
|LBS People Children's - Red Locality||No Limit|
|LBS People Children's - Targeted Youth Support||No Limit|
|LBS People Children's - Youth Offending Team||No Limit|
|NHS - Community Services||No Limit|
|NHS - Hospital||No Limit|
|NHS - Other||No Limit|
|Private - Domiciliary Care||0|
|Private - Nursing Home||0|
|Private - Other||No Limit|
|Private - Residential Home||0|
|Sutton Housing Partnership||No Limit|
Trainer:Refocus on Practice
Venue Details:Sutton Civic Offices, G3, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
(020 8770 5000)