Diabetes Management for Residents in Care Homes for Carers
Date & Time:
Venue:Sutton CCG, Priory Crescent, Sutton,
Carers supporting residents in Care Homes within the London Borough of Sutton.
This is an interactive half-day study session on Diabetes Management for Residents in Care Homes, tailored to meet the carers’ educational needs.
It includes a combination of formal teaching and scenario discussions.
By the end of the session participants will have:
- gained knowledge of the differences between type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- gained a good understanding of the importance of glycaemic control
- gained the ability to identify potential causes, signs and symptoms of hypoglycaemia
- explored ways to manage hypoglycaemia
- improved knowledge of oral hypoglycaemic agents, injectable therapies and insulin
- gained knowledge on management of diabetes
- explored potential complications residents with diabetes may encounter
Enquiries:Jane Hopping - Sutton CCG
Venue Details:Sutton CCG, Priory Crescent, Sutton,
(020 3668 1200)