Strengths Based Practice
Date & Time:
Venue:Sutton Civic Offices, G5, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
Target Group / Level
All permanent staff within the following adults Social Care teams; Sutton & Cheam Locality, Carshalton Locality, Wallington Locality, Learning Disabilities, Children with Disabilities (CWD), CWD Transitions, Hospital Pathway, Admiral Nurses, Health & Social Care, Clinical Health, Sutton Inclusion Team
Agency staff and START team need to book to attend the half day Strengths Based Practice Awareness course
This one-day course aims to provide the knowledge and support for Care Managers, Case Workers, Social Workers and Occupational Therapists to develop their understanding of undertaking a Strengths-Based Approach in all elements of practice including assessment, risk assessment, care-planning and review. This course includes understanding the legislative frameworks and how these inform the principles of practicing holistically in this manner. The course also explores practical tools such as asset mapping and weighing up what is appropriate and proportional. The course encourages reflection and challenges workers to examine how their own principles, ethics and values impacts on practice.
This course will provide participants with the following learning outcomes:
- An understanding of the change to a strength-based approach in adult social care
- To increase awareness and understanding of the duties and powers embedded in the Care Act 2014 which support strength-based approaches for assessors and support planners.
- To understand the meaning of ‘well-being’ within the Care Act 2014
- To explore what is meant by ‘appropriate and proportionate’ interventions
- To increase understanding of key elements of a strengths based, person-centred assessment and support planning process and be able to apply this to practice.
Booking has now closed for this event.
Trainer:Daisy Bogg Consultancy
Venue Details:Sutton Civic Offices, G5, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
(020 8770 5000)