Radicalisation in young people - Virtual
Date & Time:
Attendance on this course is MANDATORY for foster carers. An update / refresher is required every three years.
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
- To understand Radicalisation and Violent Extremism
- Awareness of the process for Radicalisation
- Understand the role of the internet in Radicalisation
- Know how to spot any indicators that radicalisation may be occurring
- Have knowledge of the PREVENT strand of the government’s CONTEST strategy
- Know how radicalisation links to Safeguarding