Safeguarding Adults Developing Practice (half day)
Date & Time:
Venue:Sutton Civic Offices, G3, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
Adult Social Care Staff and volunteers within LBS and PVI sector organisations who have attended the safeguarding awareness course 1 year prior and require an update and to develop their knowledge and skills of safeguarding adults .
Staff Group A, and B and above prior to attending advanced training.
All caring staff who have regular contact with patients.
This course aims at refreshing the knowledge of Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults, for staff in caring roles, 1 year after attending Safeguarding awareness training.
It also aims at developing knowledge further, in particular in respect of the “Personal Safeguarding Agenda” and the “Professional Curiosity” concept.
By the end of this session participants will have:
- Updated their knowledge about safeguarding legislation and guidance.
- Discussed the Making Safeguarding Personal agenda and know what it means for their practice.
- Gained understanding on the effects of coercion and control on decision-making, and when a safeguarding response is required to protect a service user
- Developed skills and knowledge in safeguarding practice.
- Worked with a case study from referral to conclusion of the safeguarding process and understand their role.
- Gained understanding on how “Professional Curiosity” is a vital technique in helping to Safeguard Adults
Trainer:St Thomas Training
Venue Details:Sutton Civic Offices, G3, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
(020 8770 5000)