Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome - Virtual
Date & Time:
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Also relevant for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community and voluntary sectors.
- To understand the health and medical impacts of Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Understand the medical interventions after birth
- To identify the common signs of FASD and NAS
- Understand the effects of prenatal exposure to other drugs
- To consider the impact of FASD and NAS on health and social development for the child