Early Help Briefing
Date & Time:
Venue:Sutton Civic Offices, G2, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
Target Group / Level
Group Level 2 (regular contact with children, young people and/or parent/carer) or Level 3 (predominately working with children) or above (including strategic leads) as set out set out in the Safeguarding Competency framework in London Safeguarding Child Procedures. NHS Inter-Collegiate Standards 2 and above for health professionals.
Course Overview/ Aim
The aims of this course are:
- To provide an understanding of the Multi-agency Early Help assessment tool (EHAT) and link this to agency specific practice, whilst using the guidance document for support.
- To help develop an awareness of the role of lead professional and the significance of team around the family meetings as well as exploring the services and support available to best meet the needs of local families.
- To be able to identify early help indicators at tier 2 and when to apply early intervention to prevent issues escalating.
By attending this course, participants will have:
- Clarity around definitions, and local and national contexts for Early Help
- Awareness of the Early Help Indicators at Tier 2 and to understand situations within their own agency where Early Help should be applied
- Awareness of the EHAT to gather a holistic assessment of family need and be able to identify when an assessment should be initiated. Consider the principles underpinning effective engagement and assessment
- Awareness of the Team Around the Family (TAF) approach and how this supports families and professionals
- Awareness of Early Help responsibilities relates to practice and priorities within their own agency
- Awareness of Early Help and support within the borough including the role of the Early Help Co-ordinator, Introduction to Early Help Family Group Conferences (FGC) and the Early Help and Prevention Panel
- Awareness and ability to access the Early Help tools and resources available and use these to provide early help to families
- Be aware and know how to access current support available both locally and nationally.
Venue Details:Sutton Civic Offices, G2, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
(020 8770 5000)