Continuing Healthcare Checklist (Half Day) Part 1 of 2
Date & Time:
Target Group / Level
Any Local authority, acute trust or community service practitioners who are working with service users and have the key skills in assessing service user care needs and will be involved in the assessment process for Fully Funded NHS Continuing Healthcare in accordance with the National Framework for Continuing Healthcare and FNC guidance that is in place at the time.
The aim of this course is to ensure that practitioners are competent in the completion of the Checklist for NHS Continuing Healthcare in line with the guidelines.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Familiarised themselves with the principles of the National Framework and Practice Guidance for NHS Continuing Care guidelines
- Gained knowledge on how to identify individuals who potentially require a full assessment against NHS Continuing Care guidelines
- Gained the knowledge on how to explain to individuals the Continuing care process and the implications
- Improved their understanding of consent and the Continuing Healthcare process
- Developed the knowledge, skills and confidence to complete the Checklist
- Developed the knowledge, skills and confidence to identify and provide appropriate evidence to guide the Checklist
- Developed the knowledge, skills and confidence to to identify the triggers for NHS Continuing Care guidelines