Wound Management and Pressure Area Care for Nurses
Date & Time:
Venue:Sutton CCG, Priory Crescent, Sutton,
Target Group / Level
All registered nurses working within the London Borough of Sutton Adult Social Services, Housing and Health. All registered nurses in the Private Voluntary and Independent Sectors within Sutton and those who look after Sutton’s residents.
• To provide participants with a good understanding of how to maintain the integrity of the skin and minimise the opportunity for pressure ulcer formation by applying new knowledge to their practice.
• To enable participants to apply the principles of wound and pressure ulcer management and optimise any required treatment for the persons in their care.
• To enable participants to identify and manage category 1 pressure ulcers and vulnerable areas
By the end of training session participants will be able to:
• Describe the anatomy and physiology of the skin
• Describe how pressure ulcers form and identify what factors contribute to this
• Complete a thorough wound assessment
• Define what a pressure ulcer is and describe what is meant by a grade 1,2,3, 4, unstageable and suspected deep tissue injury in pressure ulceration
• Define what moisture lesion is and be able to recognise the difference between moisture lesion and pressure damage
• Describe factors that contribute to wound healing
• Discuss the application of different types of wound care products in relation to the stage of wound healing
• Discuss ways they can promote and practice good pressure area care and prevent pressure ulcers from forming
• Manage skin tears
Booking has now closed for this event.
Venue Details:Sutton CCG, Priory Crescent, Sutton,
(020 3668 1200)