Dyslexia and Dyspraxia awareness - Virtual
Date & Time:
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Also relevant for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community voluntary sectors.
1. To understand the conditions within the Dyslexia spectrum known as Special Learning Disorders (SLD)
2. Be able to identify common signs and symptoms of each condition
3. Understand the potential impact of Dyslexia or Dyspraxia on child development
4. Know what the process is for a medical diagnosis and support for children
5. Have support strategies to assist children who are affected