De escalation skills - Virtual
Date & Time:
This course is for Foster carers, Adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Also relevant for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community and voluntary sectors.
- Understanding aggression
- Understand how feelings drive behaviour
- Identify general physiological signs of anger
- Identify the common triggers of anger
- Recognise the levels of anger in young people
- Learn appropriate interventions for each level of anger including actions to avoid being restrained or attacked
- Have ways to manage your own anger
- Have de-escalation and defusion techniques
- Safely disengage from being held
- Safely disconnect another person from being held
- Understand personal safety and how to self-protect
- Post incident actions – the importance of record keeping and de-briefing