Date & Time:
Venue:Sutton Civic Offices, G1B, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
Staff Groups B, C, and D as per the Safeguarding Adults: Professional Competencies in working with people and delivering safeguarding services. NHS Intercollegiate Level 2 and above.
This course aims to help participants understand the boundaries between good and poor practice in health and social care work. The exact content will be fully agreed in advance and will be linked to appropriate company policies.
By the end of the session participants will:
- Be able to distinguish between being friendly towards a service user and being a friend
- Have demonstrated their knowledge of the professional boundaries policy through practical scenarios
- Be able to identify risks of boundary violation and explain the reasons why
- Be able to identify situations where offering advice is appropriate, and the ways in which to do this
- Understand the relevance of legislation, for example the Mental Capacity Act, to their own work situations
- Have discussed the link between company policies and professional boundaries
- Have demonstrated how to apply professional boundaries practice in an assertive way
- Have explored a range of their own situations
Trainer:St Thomas Training
Venue Details:Sutton Civic Offices, G1B, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
(020 8770 5000)