Continuing Healthcare (Full Day) Part 2 of 2
Date & Time:
Venue:Sutton Civic Offices, G3, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
Target Group / Level
Professionals part of the Multi-Disciplinary team (MDT) working with an individual who has triggered for a NHS Continuing Healthcare assessment process for Fully Funded NHS Continuing Healthcare.
E.g. Nurses, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, CPNs, Physiotherapist etc.
Please Note: Attendants must have previously completed Sutton CCG’s Checklist half day Part 1 training and have the competency certificate and number.
The aim of the course is to help practitioners to become familiar with the NHS Continuing Healthcare process and have developed the knowledge, skills and confidence to identify the triggers for NHS Continuing Care and to complete the the Decision Support Tool.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Familiarised themselves with the principles and local processes of the National Framework (revised October 2018) and Practice Guidance for NHS Continuing Care and aligned processes
- Improved knowledge of the legal framework that health and social care practitioners work alongside in relation to NHS Continuing Healthcare
- Improved their skills to identify individuals who require a full assessment against Continuing healthcare guidelines (knowing the triggers for NHS Continuing healthcare)
- Improved their knowledge, skills and confidence to complete the Decision Support Tool (DST) eg scoring of the 12 Domains
- Improved their knowledge, skills and confidence to apply the primary health test of Nature, Complexity, Intensity and Unpredictability and make a recommendation for NHS Continuing Healthcare
- Improved their understanding on the NHS Funded Nursing Care contribution and the Fast Track application.
Prerequisite:Continuing Healthcare Checklist (Half Day) Part 1 of 2 (Attended no longer than 24 months prior to this event)
Type:Spec updated Feb 2019
Trainer:CCG - CHC Clinical Lead Nurse
Venue Details:Sutton Civic Offices, G3, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
(020 8770 5000)