Safeguarding Adults at Risk – Enquiries – 1 day course (Level 3)
Date & Time:
Venue:Sutton Civic Offices, G2, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
All Staff responsible for leading on Safeguarding Adult enquiries from LBS Social Care, Nursing Homes, Residential Homes, Day Care Centres and Homecare Services, Hospital wards, and GP practice senior staff including GP leads and practice managers.
Staff Groups B, C and D as per the Safeguarding Adults: Professional Competencies in working with people and delivering safeguarding services.
NHS Intercollegiate Level 3: all staff that have regular contact with patients, their families or carers, or the public. Specialist and management roles.
The aims of this course are:
- To inform service provider managers on practice in relation to the investigation of abuse of adults at risk and their role in this process as employers and service providers
- To update investigators on current practice in safeguarding adults at risk
- To provide an opportunity to share problems and good practice
By the end of the one day course attendees will:
- Understand current policies and procedures
- Understand statutory safeguarding responsibilities
- Understand what Making Safeguarding Personal means
- Understand the implications of the Mental Capacity Act
- Be able to recognise when Deprivation of Liberty may be occurring
- Know how to promote personalised safe working practices which minimise the risk of abuse
- Understand the rights of service users and issues around capacity, consent, choice and duty of care
- Take a lead role in investigations into allegations involving paid staff or volunteers
- Work co-operatively with all investigators and other safeguarding agencies to ensure best practice
- Support staff through the safeguarding process
- Understand their role if a member of staff is the person alleged to have caused harm
Additional Notes/Special Instructions
- Attendees need to be in a staff manager or specialist role that provide services to adults at risk
- Attendees need to have a good understanding of the Mental Capacity Act and Safeguarding Adults at Risk prior to booking onto this course
Booking has now closed for this event.
Trainer:St Thomas Training
Venue Details:Sutton Civic Offices, G2, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
(020 8770 5000)